It’s that time of the year again (crazy, we know!) when families and friends come together to celebrate Christmas. To us, there is nothing better then a long lunch shared amongst the people you love with lots of food, drinks and laughter.
Christmas is a really special time and for some families it is a rare opportunity to get everyone together in the one room at the same time. The same applies for work Christmas parties – it’ a time for colleagues to get together and celebrate an amazing year together as friends instead of just workmates. It also might be the one day of the year where you play host and actually have to organise the party and set the table properly, like a real adult. So instead of dusting off the trusty old ‘Christmas Decorations’ box circa 1992 (you know the one – filled with tinsel, broken fairy lights and a glitter covered reindeer ornament that may or may not be missing an antler) why not put a little bit of extra love and attention into your table settings this year with a beautifully styled Christmas table.
To help inspire you to make your Christmas table a little bit special this year, we teamed up with Little Gray Station who created this beautiful and festive tablescape that is completely perfect for a long lunch. The best thing about this setting is it’s simplicity – this look is SO easy to achieve at home or your workplace using just a few key pieces. Set in the garden at Osteria Casuarina, we can’t help but get a little excited for our very own Christmas party after looking at these images by Figtree Pictures – more on how to get this look below!
CHRISTMAS TABLE STYLING TIPS!
- Feasting tables are ideal for a long lunch setting as they have the extra width to allow room for share plates and platters of food down the centre of the table (which basically sums up every Christmas lunch, ever). You can check out our feasting table styling tips here.
- Bright and bold colours are a must for a festive celebration like this one – we love the fun colour palette here of red, blue and white
- Include metallic tones of gold and silver to make your table sparkle
- Sprigs of greenery at each place setting is an easy way to bring some freshness into the table and you can just grab this straight from your garden!
- Most importantly have fun with it – Christmas day is going to be crazy enough as it is so keep your styling simple and fuss-free so you can spend the rest of the day amongst the ones you love!